Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Shopping Trips

I am not too fond of shopping trips now. Maybe it's because we've had to go 5 times a week since we moved. I guess that's what happens when you become a homeowner. I never thought about having to buy things like...a ladder?! But on the other hand, stores mail you some great coupons when you move.

It seems like when I have to use a "regular" cart at the store, and not the limo, I feel like I'm working a jigsaw puzzle. How do I stick 2 children and a car seat in that? Usually it's fairly easy to have WayWay walk though. Luckily I've learned how to master carts a little easier now.

  • Park next to a cart return. Usually people will have already returned theirs and you can just grab, load, unload and return fairly quickly. Plus parking a little further away you get the added perk of burning off some of those extra pregnancy lbs that came from craving biscuits and gravy at 11 o'clock at night.
  • I absolutely love how most stores have free sanitizing wipes you can use on the carts now. Before I could only find them at Fred Meyers. I actually got in to the habit of carrying around Wet Ones. I think you can get them for .95-$1.50 a package? My other must have for my germ freak tendencies is hand sanitizer, but man that stuff can burn!! We found a great alcohol free kind, unfortunately we can only find it for sale at Walmart so we usually have to stock up on it. Now if only I could find a way to keep my daughter from putting her mouth on the cart...
Have any of you used those cart covers? How do you like/dislike it?
PLUS here is a link to a pattern to make your own:
http://crafts.sleepingbaby.net/cart_cover.html

4 comments:

  1. I actually do the park by the cart returns. It's so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always park by the cart returns ... hubby laughs at me because I'll drive around the parking lot until I find a space next to one!! It just simplifies things! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing about parking close to the cart returns--don't park too close. SOmetimes carts can stray and hit your car. *ouch* I park a few spaces away to avoid this mess.

    ReplyDelete