Friday, February 20, 2009

Intro

My name is Tatiana and I am a MaMa to close-aged children. My kids are "WayWay - 3.5yrs, "Tizzy" 2yrs(in one week), and JoJo my 8.5 week old. And YES, they were all planned, very much so!

My close parenting journey began after I had fought the erge for several months that it was time for our second. A million and one thoughts went through my head during that time. I thought I must have been crazy! That we wanted to have our kids be 2-2.5 years apart. That I wouldn't be able to handle it. That my son wouldn't have me to himself. All these thoughts were laid to rest after I broke down crying to my husband, and the wonderful discussions that followed. We had made our decision, but I still needed a little reassurance.

So I did what anyone in this day-and-age would do...I google it! The search "Close pregnancies" brought up a site forum that truely helped me. I knew if these women could do it, planned or unplanned, that I could too! The forum was the Close Pregnancies discussion board on JustMommies.com. I believe they have now changed it, something to the affect of "Close-aged children", I think? Though I'm no longer a regular on the site, it helped me so much to get advice from those been-there-done-that mothers. And to not feel so crazy thinking it was time to have another. I hope that I can pass forward some of the knowledge I have recieved from not only those mommies, but all the close-aged parents I've come in contact with.

*To those who know me personally, please use my children's nicknames(at the top) when commenting. Message me about our family blog. This is an open blog*

1 comment:

  1. I remember you coming to me as well before you got pregnant with "Tizzy" since mine were 14 1/2 months apart. You asked if you were crazy and how to deal with other people's comments. I remember reassuring you that it wasn't all that bad and in fact pretty fun having them so close in age. It makes me so happy that you enjoy having the close bond between your close in age kiddos :o)If it's crazy to have kids close together then we're BOTH crazy lol ;o)

    ReplyDelete